Author: Megan Ogilvie
Conquer the calories, sodium and fat hiding in the foods you love.
Is movie popcorn really that bad for me? Does a platter of nachos actually have as much fat as 40 strips of bacon?
Packed with information you won't find anywhere else, Menu Confidential tells the nutritional truths about Canada's most popular foods, from delicious sit-down dinners to quick meals from the grocery store to tasty treats from the drive-thru. You'll find:
- DETAILED ANALYSIS of more than 150 favourite foods including grab-and-go snacks and Canadian classics like butter tarts, beaver tails and poutine
- DANGER ZONES where you should tread carefullyyou'll be surprised to learn how many appetizers, drinks and desserts contain more calories than a meal
- PRACTICAL ADVICE on navigating kids' menus, creating easy meals and snacks at home, and more
- SIMPLE SWITCHES to save more than 100 calories like picking three Timbits instead of a single doughnut
- BEST BETS for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, plus what to eat at favourite spots including Tim Hortons, Starbucks, Subway and McDonald's
Over 250 ways to eat better and lose weight!
Price: $20.99 (GST included)
Paperback: 288 pages
Short-listed for a 2013 Taste Canada Award
Order your autographed copy today!
About the author: Megan Ogilvie is a health reporter at the Toronto Star, where she writes the popular column "The Dish". Her previous nutrition column, "Diet Decoder", ran in the Star for more than three years and exposed the pitfalls of various diets.