- Agreement: These rules govern the ‘Star Dispatches Food Truck Lunch Giveaway’Contest(the “Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest rules and the decisions of the Contest judges, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
- Sponsor: The Contest sponsor is Toronto Star Newspapers Limited (the “Sponsor”).This contest is in no way sponsored, administered or endorsed by or associated with Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”). Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to the Sponsor, and not to Twitter.
- Eligibility This Contest is open to all residents of Ontario, except for employees, their immediate families and anyone living with any employee of the Sponsor or its or their corporate affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies, who have: (a) reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside and (b) a valid Twitter account,. Limit of one entry per person per giveaway window. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of age, identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof or insufficient proof may result in disqualification from the Contest in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from the Contest should such an entrant at any stage supply unsatisfactory, untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins at 11:30am EST on May 15, 2014, and ends at 3pm EST on May 15, 2014 (the “Contest Period”).
- How to Enter: There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. To enter the Contest read the Contest rules at starstore.ca/feast and, during the Contest period, follow the instructions to enter the Contest, which includes tweeting with Twitter a picture of a Gorilla Cheese sandwich including the #stardispatches hashtag in the tweet (the “entry” or “Tweet”). A valid Twitter account will be required.
The content of all Tweets become the sole property of the Sponsor. The Contest entry must be received no later than the end of the applicable Giveaway Period. Tweets will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible or incomplete. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a prize.
Tweets received shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Twitter account associated with the Tweet. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each selected entrant may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Twitter account associated with the winning Tweet.
$25 towards a Toronto food truck lunch, valued at a maximum of $25CAD. The prize to be won by one (1) winner. (the “Prize Winner”).
Winner must work with the Star Dispatches representative to organize a meeting at a food truck location within a reasonable distance of 1 Yonge St, Toronto, Ontario, where the rep will meet the winner inorder for the prize to be purchased for the winner. Sponsor will not give cash equivalent to the winner and is not responsible for unclaimed prizes. Each winner is responsible for transportation to and from the food truck location and all other expenses not listed herein that may arise from the Prize. Other restrictions may apply. If a winner is unable or unwilling to accept or otherwise redeem a prize on the terms it is awarded, the prize shall be forfeited and no cash or substitutes will be provided in whole or in part.
Sponsor will not be responsible for lost or unclaimed Prizes.
- Winner Selection: The one (1) Prize Winner shall be selected as follows
May 15, 2014, 4pm
in Toronto, Ontario, (a) one (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw from all eligible Tweets received during the Giveaway Period. Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) Prizeper Giveaway Period. The odds of being selected a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible Tweets received by the Sponsor. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered as direct message on Twitter to selected entrant, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the declaration of eligibility and release form (described below). The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to revise the mathematical skill-testing question in certain circumstances.
(b) The potential winner will be notified over Twitter by the Sponsor by a @Mention by @stardispatches within one (1) hour of the 4pm draw for the Giveaway Period, and must send a direct message to @stardispatches within twenty four (24) hours of notification to maintain eligibility. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void, he/she will not receive a Prize and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select at random another eligible entry, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s direct message.
- Release: Prior to receiving the prize, the Winner will be required to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form releasing the Sponsor and its related parties, as well as Twitter from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prize, confirming compliance with the rules and consenting to the use of his or her name and photograph, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor and/or its advertising and promotional agencies. The signed form must be received by Sponsor within 24 hours of notification or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant.
- Privacy:We use your personal contact information to administer this Contest, including contacting, announcing and promoting prizewinners. In addition, we may use this information to send you offers or information from us, our affiliates and from selected sponsors or advertisers (“Marketing Offers”). If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by:following the instructions at the bottom of any email Marketing Offer you receive, informing your telemarketer at the time you are called with a Marketing Offer, calling and requesting that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers. The Contest is run in compliance with theStar.ca privacy code, which may be found in full at http://www.thestar.com/about/privacy.html.
- Banning: The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and entering more than once per giveaway period.
- Termination: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- Conduct: By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted on http://starstore.ca/feastthroughout the Contest Period and the Twitter Terms and Rules located on their website. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of Twitter or any online Sponsor property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Other: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed, beyond the standard manufacturer's warranty. Sponsor is not liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical failures on the website or Contest software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or websitedown-time, human error or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted a Tweet, the Tweet will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder (as defined in Section 5 herein) of the e-mail address associated with the Twitter account associated with that Tweet.